Any questions or problems with CS2D? Maybe this page with Frequently Asked Questions can help you to find an answer!
Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- Why is my server only in the LAN tab? I want it to be online!
CS2D does not start
Error Messages / Crashes
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
Video / Graphics
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
Audio / Sounds
Scripts / Commands
- What is Steam?
- Is Steam required to play this game?
- Can Steam-users play CS2D with Non-Steam-users?
- Are there achievements? How to get them?
- How to run CS2D on Linux?
CS2D may not run out of the box when using Linux. Especially 64-bit Linux operating systems cause issues because CS2D is a 32-bit application.
The following instruction assumes you're using the APT package manager. You can use any other package manager as well. It has been tested successfully with Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (64-bit) without Steam.
Quick Fix Guide
- Open the Linux console/terminal
- Run sudo apt-get update
- Run sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libidn11:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386 libpangox-1.0-0:i386 libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386
- Go to your CS2D folder in the Linux console/terminal
- Only if you DO NOT have Steam run: sudo cp ./libsteam_api.so /usr/lib/
- CS2D should work now (either by double clicking it or by running ./CS2D)
This guide is technically equal to the quick fix guide above. Steps are described in more detail so you can understand what's going on.
1) Update your package list
- Open the Linux terminal/console
- Enter sudo apt-get update
- You will probably have to enter your password. Moreover updating may take a moment!
2) Check/install support for 32-bit binaries
- In the terminal go to the folder which contains the CS2D binary (the file is just called 'CS2D')
- Enter ldd CS2D
- If you now see 'not a dynamic executable' you need to enter sudo apt-get install libc6:i386. Linux will ask you if the changes should be executed. Confirm this by hitting y and enter!
3) Check if required libraries are missing
- Ensure that you're in the CS2D folder an run ldd CS2D again
- If you still see 'not a dynamic exectuable' please make sure that you went through all steps in 2)!
- If the list contains line(s) ending with 'not found' you need to install these libraries! Read 4) to learn how!
4) Install required libraries
- For each library which was not found you need to run 'apt-get install' to install the 32 bit (i386) version of it!
- Note however that the actual name might be slightly different. Here's a command that should install everything you need:
apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386 libidn11:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386 libpangox-1.0-0:i386 libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386
- If you are NOT using Steam:
make sure you're in the CS2D folder and run
sudo cp ./libsteam_api.so /usr/lib/
(this will copy the required Steam library to your system's library folder. No worries: It is just a small lib. You do NOT have to install Steam!)
- Afterwards try running CS2D with ./CS2D
- CS2D should now start. If you are not using Steam you will get SteamAPI_Init() errors. You can ignore those!
- From now on running CS2D should also work by simply double clicking the CS2D file
- How to install/start CS2D?
- Why does CS2D not support my language? Can I translate it?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D? When, how and why?
- Wasn't "CS2D" called "Counter-Strike 2D" before? What the hell?!