Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- Why is my server only in the LAN tab? I want it to be online!
Error Messages / Crashes
- CS2D closes itself
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
Video / Graphics
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
Audio / Sounds
Scripts / Commands
- How to install/start CS2D?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D? When, how and why?
- Wasn't "CS2D" called "Counter-Strike 2D" before? What the hell?!Yes, CS2D was originally called "Counter-Strike 2D" because the initial idea was to make a 2D clone of Counter-Strike. In April 2017 however it was decided to rename it to "CS2D". With release 126.96.36.199 the name "CS2D" became official. From this time on Unreal Software is always referring to the game as "CS2D". The name "Counter-Strike 2D" is not used anymore.
There are several reasons for the new name:
- feature set: CS2D became much more than just a copy of Counter-Strike. It has new weapons, Lua scripting support and new game modes like a Zombie mode.
- being an independent game: We want to keep Counter-Strike's gameplay because its fun but we don't want to be seen just as a 1:1 clone anymore.
- legal reasons: Just copying the name "Counter-Strike" could potentially lead to legal problems.
Why CS2D then? It still implies that this is related to Counter-Strike (which is often called "CS")?!
This has been decided because we don't want to confuse people too much. There are many people who played CS2D years ago already. They still should know the origins of the game when they come across it again. (and... oh well... we can just keep our beloved domain CS2D.com that way! Haha!)